Monday, January 30, 2012

Ground Rules!

Here we go! So like any good food critic I figured I would need a few guidelines to judge the who, what, when, and where of each featured restaurant. Below are the key things I will be commenting on as well as the rating system. For now I will use the proverbial star system, but in the future I hope to get a little more creative.


Rating System
***** = Couldn't live without it
**** = Damn good
*** = Good but not great
** = Just ok
* = Don't order


What I am Watching
Atmosphere = What I feel when I walk in and sit down


Service = Pet peeve alert, I expect good service because that is a servers job. Totally understandable if a server admits, like one did to us yesterday, "we are totally in the weeds so it might take a little longer," I get it!


Food/Beverage =  This is what it's all about. I will mainly talk about food here, but on occasion I have a cocktail or wine and will include it here. (probably will be no help to any heavy drinkers because I don't really know anything about wine or alcohol)


Dessert = Yes, this gets it's own category and yes, I always get dessert after dinner or sometimes before.


Overall experience = The little things that I either really like or thought were really annoying. 

So this is how it will work. I am open to suggestions of additional things to watch for so let me know. I have some really great reviews coming up...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment