Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bonnaroo: The Music

So I really went to Bonnaroo for the music, and stumbled upon the food (see Foodaroo @ Bonnaroo). And while Jane Doe: Foodie is a food blog, I really wanted to share the music and give everyone who couldn't be there a taste of what they were missing. With so many bands and stages it was hard to see everyone and everything. Take a listen (Youtube vids b/c mine aren't the best quality) and who knows, you might discover your new favorite performer. So without further ado here is the music:


Day 1: Thursday June 7th
Who: K. Flay (*****) K. Flay is so awesome. Her music gets you hype and she was a great start to Bonnaroo. Pretty awesome for a white girl rapping!



Who: The Lonely Forest (***) This band was pretty chill. They kind of remind me of a lot of the bands that are coming from the West Coast but it was a good band to lay on a blanket and enjoy the show.

Who: Danny Brown (*****) Really fun and super energetic! We only stayed for a couple of songs because we were headed elsewhere, but he sounded good and the crowd was going crazy.

Who: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. (****) So I know your saying, is he related to the race car driver Dale Earnhardt? Well I still never got a straight answer, so google it! This show was packed and it was a really good time!

Day 2: Friday June 8th 
Who: The Tune-Yards (****) My Roo buddy was super pumped for this show and it was great! The sound of this band is really different and they had a pretty big following..enjoy! 




Who: Two Door Cinema Club (*****) Soo great, and defiantly a new favorite.

Who: The Avett Brothers (*****) One of the reasons I made an appearance at Bonnaroo, The Avett Brothers are soulful and have such sweet voices. LOVE THEM!

Who: Feist (*****) Another reason I went to Roo, Feist was one of my favorite shows! I love her music and loved that she kicked her songs up a notch to get the crowd going. You have to watch the video!

Who: LUDACRIS (*****) Now I have seen Luda before so I knew how hype he would get the crowd, but WOW he did a great job. We went cray at this show!

Who: K. Flay, Silent Disco (****) The silent disco was so fun. You go in and put head phones on that are connected to whoever is DJ'ing at the time and no one else can hear what is playing. We went when K. Flay was performing and we danced like crazy! 



Who: Foster the People (****) While we didn't hear them play Pumped Up Kicks, we did hear a bunch of other stuff that was really good and fun. They sounded great and I would like to see their whole show!

Who: Radiohead (****) I am not the biggest Radiohead fan, but I was excited to see them. They did a great job, played mostly their new stuff, which I understand because it really caters to the people who were at Bonnaroo (having a really good time, man)! 





Day 3: Saturday June 9th
Who: Das Racist (*****) Another really great rapper that I had no clue about until Bonnaroo! You must watch!




Who: Blind Pilot (****) The very laid back sound from Blind Pilot made for a nice afternoon siesta. 

Who: Santigold (*****) AMAZING SHOW!! She tore it up and got the crowd going crazy! 


Who: The Roots (*****) I have seen The Roots a few times, but they did a great performance on Saturday right before Chili Peppers. We got really close and it was so fun! 


Who: RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS (*****) Chili Peppers are one of my FAVS and I was so happy I got to see them again. They put on a stellar show and I was soo impressed with their new guitarist and FLEA! 

Who: Skrillex (*****) Skrillex put on a late night show from 1:30-3:30am and got 80,000 people so hype! The video is unbelievable and you MUST watch! 

Day 4: Saturday June 10th 
Who: Fruit Bats (****) Good way to kick off the last day :(


Who: The Black Lips (****) One of the best bands there for sure. Such a good sound! 

Who: THE BEACH BOYS (*****) I'm not going to lie, The Beach Boys were one of the main reasons I attended Bonnaroo. I am a huge fan of their music and will be playing a lot of it at my wedding! Enjoy the video and the beach balls bouncing throughout! And, notice the conga line in the first video...hilarious! 

Who: Fun. (*****) The other reason I went to Roo was Fun. I LOVE all of their music, not just the song on the radio. I really suggest you check out their Pandora station, it has changed my work week! 




ANNNNND there you have it! I promise from now on I will stick to food, but I just had to share some of the best performances of my life. If you ever think you want to go to Bonnaroo, YOU SHOULD. It was one of the greatest experiences and I can't wait to go back! 

ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment